Environment, Forest and Climate Change Commission seeks to hire qualified applicants for the position. Hence, applicants who fulfil the criteria can apply as of this vacancy is Announced in Ariftube.com
Position: Senior Accountant
Types of Employment: On Contractual Basis
Vacancy expire date; 10 consecutive working days from first date of Advertisement
- Assist the preparation of program budget and financial performance report
- Work closely with the ERCCC Finance staff in documenting and recording financial transactions by entering account information, and substantiates financial transaction by auditing documents
- Handles and manages petty cash as per the finance guidelines of EFCC and implement cash count with immediate supervisor.
- Assist in the preparation of cash flows of the program based on annual budget and cash available at bank.
- Maintains accounting controls as per Government financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in reconciling balance sheet accounts by collecting and analysing Account information.
- Secures financial information by completing databases backups
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls;
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, requesting disbursement.
- Compile with federal State, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Extract and prepare special financial reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing account information and trends
- Maintains and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Assist in Compiling financial documents, statements and reports for internal management, donors, internal and external auditors and other stakeholders.
- Support EFCCC Financial management as required
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Any other duty assigned by supervisors.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum MA/BA degree in accounting from recognised college or University and at least 4/6 years of experience in preparing and recording payments and receipts, reconciling accounts and preparation of reports.
- Experienced in IFMIS and Peachtree accounting;
- Ability to work independently in complex working environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill.
Duration and Duty Station
Duration of contract: will be far one year, renewable upon availability of fund and staff performance.
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Salary as per project Scale and negotiable
Full application, along with authenticated Copy of their academic credentials, CV and Relevant documents pertaining to working experience should be provided ta EFCCC, Human Resource Department within 10 working days from date of announcement.
Application Place: Addis Ababa Environment, Forest and Climate Change Commission Human Resource Management and Development Directorate (Building 1 Floor 2 Room 205) Telephone; 0111704012, near Danu Clinic.
Environment Forest and Climate Change Commission